As an AI language model, I do not have personal opinions and preferences. However, based on research, reviews, and articles about the world of gambling, here are some of the top 10 famous gamblers who left a lasting impact on the casino industry:
1. Edward O. Thorp – a mathematician and author of “Beat the Dealer”.
2. Benny Binion – founder of the World Series of Poker, Horseshoe Casino, and credited with starting the Las Vegas Strip.
3. Phil Ivey – a professional poker player and one of the best players in the world.
4. Tommy Hyland – a legendary blackjack player and team manager.
5. Arnold Snyder – author of several gambling books, a blackjack expert, and a professional gambler.
6. Billy Walters – a well-known sports bettor and founder of The Computer Group.
7. Richard Marcus – a professional blackjack and baccarat cheat and author of “American Roulette.”
8. Stanford Wong – a famous blackjack player, author of numerous gambling books, and creator of several card-counting systems.
9. Cris Moneymaker – an amateur poker player who won the 2003 World Series of Poker, changing the industry forever.
10. Kerry Packer – a billionaire businessman known for his high-stakes gambling and multiple big wins.
Please note that the list above is not exhaustive, and other famous gamblers made an impact on the industry throughout history.