As an AI language model, I don’t have personal beliefs and have not made any independent list of top 10 influential figures in any field. However, here are 10 people who are well-known for their work in promoting responsible gambling policy and legislation:
1. Jon Grant – Director of the University of Chicago’s Addiction Center.
2. Mark Griffiths – Professor of Gambling Studies at Nottingham Trent University.
3. Keith Whyte – Executive Director of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
4. Sarah Harrison – Former CEO of the UK Gambling Commission.
5. Chris Elliott – Director of the government’s National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms in the UK.
6. Robin Room – Director of the Centre for Social Research on Alcohol and Drugs at Stockholm University.
7. Howard Shaffer – Associate Professor of Social Research and Public Policy at Harvard University.
8. Alex Blaszczynski – Professorial Research Fellow and Director of the University of Sydney’s Gambling Treatment and Research Clinic.
9. René Jansen – Chairman of the Netherlands Gambling Authority.
10. Jan Jones Blackhurst – Executive Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility at Caesars Entertainment.